Program Coordinator (West Side YMCA)
Last Day to Apply:
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The West Side YMCA is seeking a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating the programs. The Program Coordinator will focus on program quality, delivery of services, and the training and development of staff.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (participant files, YS.net data entry, attendance, sign in / out forms, behavior / incident / accident reports, as appropriate).
- Support the Site Director and supervise Activity Specialists, Counselors, Advisors, and Volunteers in the implementation of the Y Programs, Summer Camp Programs and CIT / STEP Programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Create marketing flyers for program awareness and enrollment, update bulletin boards and create a monthly newsletter.
- Work with the Youth & Family Director to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Understand, model, and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Core Programs to participants and care givers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
How to Apply:
To the Attention of:
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in youth programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Program Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:
West Side YMCA
Attn.: Alberto Cruz
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE